Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm a Martha (or What I Learned on Missions Trip Day 1)

I've read this a bunch of times and said: "I'll never be like Martha." I'll never get so concerned with being busy and getting things done that I'll forget to keep the main thing the main thing...

...then I led a missions trip. I feel like a sweaty heathen just typing this (unrelated but sort of side note: I am sweaty). But I did the "Martha" thing and got so caught up in the logistics of making this week as "error" free as I thought it should be and I stopped focusing on the goal. I got cranky (not having my usual afternoon cup of coffee didn't help either) and I fell short.

Luckily, I have some good friends in my wife and Don Meckley, along with the message from Neil McClendon that remind me to stop being a "Martha" and be a "Mary".

Where have you been a "Martha" recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment