Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday Night Reflections

As Sunday has past, I figured I'd start sharing some highs and lows of the past day. No order. No promises that I'll do this every Sunday. No rhyme. No reason. No Mercy!
Ok... some mercy.
  • Third straight week with more than 10 in morning Bible Study. Previous average- 5. What led to the increase? Well I'd love to say it was my awesome teaching and riveting message, but that'd be lying. It's probably more due to the fact that we have Krispy Kremes each week. I'll say this: The way to a teenager's heart is through their stomach. Have their bellies full, and they'll listen... for a minute or two. But that's a minute more than usual... so I'll take it.
  • New study for Bible study: Crazy Love by Francis Chan. That guy has so much passion and passion is contagious!
  • There are 350,000,000 galaxies (conservatively) yet God still wants a relationship with us. Blows my mind.
  • Stories relate Bible truths to everyday life better than anything. That's why Jesus used them.
  • Peter denied Christ 3 times. We've done it much more than that with our lives, yet God still loves us.
  • God knew Peter (and you and I) would fail so many times, even before he ever saved us, yet he still loves us.
  • Stolen from Perry Noble: Sometimes God says, “Don’t pray, OBEY!”  In other words…there ARE some things in life that we do not have to pray about…where God’s Word speaks CLEARLY there is no need to pray…just a need to obey!  (For example…we don’t need to EVER pray about whether or not we need to have sex with someone we are not married to…God’s answer is always “NO!”)
  • Stop "praying the prayer" and start living the life! Once saved, always saved. Live like it!
  • "Every dollar is an opportunity."- Pastor Alan Thompson
  • Our students took gave 19.37 opportunities to go towards our "adopted" kids Meena and Jean Fritzer!
  • I'm really pumped about going to The Master's Inn for a few days to spend time with other youth pastors. Looking forward to some good idea swapping, brainstorming, and an overall punch in the arm. 
  • Not looking forward to being away from my wife for two nights. We've only done it one other time since we've been married and it stinks!
And one insight from Monday:
  • Cured the "Holy Hangover" that Monday brings after a full day of giving on Sunday by spending time in God's Word, reading AW Tozer, and eating breakfast with a bunch of really awesome high school students. They were with me as I experienced my first Bodo's Bagel!

1 comment: